Who are we...
LifePoint Church exists... to glorify God as a community being transformed by Jesus Christ.
And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into
His likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
2 Corinthians 3:18
At our core we value...
- Biblical Truth
- Relentless Grace
- Authentic Community
- Compassionate Service
- Engaging Mission
What we believe...
The Bible, God's Word to us, is central to our relationship with God and each other. While there are some areas where sincere Christians agree to disagree [Romans 14:1-15:7; 2 Timothy 2:23-24; Titus 3:9], the Bible makes clear that certain truths are essential convictions of the Christian faith. LifePoint Church considers these to be the following:
- The Bible [all the books in the Old and New Testaments] is the true written message of God to us. We believe the authors of the Bible were inspired by God and are therefore completely trustworthy. The Bible is the final authority on all matters to which it speaks. [Psalm 119:7-11, 119:105; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21]
- There is one God, who exists forever in perfect community as three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. [Genesis 1:26-27; Deuteronomy 6:4; Colossians 1:15-17; Hebrews 1:8]
- Jesus Christ is fully man and fully God. He is the perfect reflection of God's character and glory. He lived a sinless life and offered Himself as the only perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on the cross. All who believe in Him are declared righteous on the basis of His death. He rose physically from the dead and will return again to earth to reign forever with those who are His. [Matthew 1:18-25; John 1:14, 8:40, 8:58, 11:33; Acts 1:9-11; Romans 5:8-10; Colossians 1:15-17; Hebrews 1:8]
- Humans are created in the image of God, but each one has fallen short of God's perfect standard and is in need of salvation. [Genesis 1:26; Romans 3, 5:12-19; Ephesians 2:1-3, 4:18-19]
- Salvation from our sinful condition is a free gift from God to us. It is not something we earn or deserve. It is offered in grace and recieved by faith in Jesus Christ alone. Those who believe in Jesus Christ and call on His name are made right with God and given eternal life. [John 3:16, 14:6; Romans 3:28, 8:31-39; 1 Corinthians 12:13; Galatians 3:26-27; Ephesians 2:8-9; 1 Timothy 2:5-6]
A detail listing of what we believe is found here